Home and business security systems have evolved over the past decade or so, from static wall mounted control panels to wireless touch screen activated systems. This gives the advantage of being able to control numerous security devices and secure all types of premises, from small business units to complex buildings with multiple access points. The equipment available to both the public and business sectors is considered cutting edge these days. The equipment ranges from high end state of the art motion detectors, high resolution cameras for CCTV surveillance to tablets that are assigned as wireless control units, this in turn means that alarms are able to communicate with the owners of the property.
The advent of wireless connectivity in security
With the increase of wireless connectivity becoming more prevalent in the everyday lives of society, it has given people more ways of connecting with others, keeping in contact, making new acquaintances, increasing social skills. This also gives more means to communicating with devices installed into the premises of your average home or business premises. This has become a more consumer involved experience meaning ease of use, rather than having to rely on an engineer having to explain the finer details to the end user. It has become a more friendlier experience, meaning more people are taking the step into securing their home or business.
The increase of electronic monitoring services for security
These forms of electronic monitoring services have greatly increased everyone’s awareness of the environment they are securing from mobile viewing via most CCTV products available quite readily these days, to sound activating devices, light control, temperature monitoring all in a daily schedule, which all the above can be controlled through a single interface. Access to your property could soon even be activated via your GPS through your ‘phone or a transmitter. What is clear, is that the future of security technology is certainly bright, and the advancements over the next decade are surely going to be fascinating to see for industry experts!
Technology has been developing at a rapid rate over the years. This advancement in technology has created some innovative ideas to shape the future. A touch screen monitor and interactive whiteboards are the result of such technological advancements.
A touch screen monitor and an interactive whiteboard are very different from each other. Although there are some similarities in both of them, they differ in uses and application. Touch screen monitor are generally used for personal activities or in offices. On the other hand, interactive whiteboards are mostly used in schools and colleges for a higher standard of education.
Benefits of Using Interactive Whiteboards
· It fosters learning to a great extent. The visual display helps a person to absorb information better than just audio sessions. It therefore enhances preservation and synthesis of information.
· It also increases participation of the students or office employees. Since images from interactive whiteboards can be saved and printed, attendees concentrate fully on the presentation and discussion.
· It also aids in preserving data. The information projected on these boards comes from a connected computer. This means whatever changes are done on the whiteboards, are recorded directly to the hard drive of the computer. The altered or corrected information can be easily obtained later form the hard disk of the connected computer.
Benefits of Using a Touch Screen Monitor
· One benefit is that a touch screen PC allows you to avoid the conventional interfaces. Such interfaces include usage of keyboards and mouse. The touch screen allows you to get the job done by simply touching icons. The touch screen interface requires less concentration than a mouse or keyboard.
· The touch screen technology also increases the speed of tasks. With a mouse, a user has to lose some time locating the cursor. The touch screen interface does not require so and therefore saves time and fosters speed.
· Touch screen computers are much sleeker in design. The combination of data entry method with the display reduces the overall size of the computers. Thus, it also saves you space for other accommodations including a touch screen monitor.